March 11, 2014

An Ode to Fashion Month

It's sad to see fashion month come to a close. I feel as if it just started. Now I am anxiously awaiting September. One great thing about September is that it will be MUCH warmer! The bone-chilling cold shot straight through my gloves, and my clothes for that matter. Some days I thought I'd go back to the office with fewer fingers than I began with. I can proudly say I survived my first fashion month experience *insert sigh of relief.*

One of my favorite moments of NYFW was the Joie presentation. As soon as I saw the outfits and the black and white backdrops, I had dreams of spending time in Paris while sipping coffee at a café. The looks were so simple yet très chic. The color palette featured tons of neutrals. Each outfit provided me with more items to add to my long list of needed basics for the fall. One new idea that I will take with me is the combination of sandals and socks. This is the perfect transition from summer to fall if you live in a colder climate and want those sandals to last throughout the fall season. After seeing multiple old men wear socks with their Birkenstocks, I swore I would never replicate this style. I guess you can never say never. Joie put the perfect spin on this “memorable” combo. 

 















































What were your favorite collections from fashion month?






*All photographs provided by Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment